I went home after 3 years!

Monday, April 17, 2023

 


This is another long-overdue post. I went home after 3 years! It felt surreal since everyone I saw last time grown up and a lot of thing has changed since then. I went home for a month and a half. I got married (which I will update in the next post).

I missed a lot of exciting events and returned home to new people in my family, as my brother recently married. Anyway, the trip to Malaysia was satisfying and fascinating. And it was my first flight with Japan Airlines. I had a layover in Haneda. Who doesn’t like Japan, after all? Japan captured my heart. I had a 9-hour layover that felt insignificant. I got to try premium sushi for only $28! This type of sushi is never offered in the United States, at least not at that price. I’m not gonna lie: as a fan of kawaii merch, I splurged on gifts at duty-free shops. That concludes my brief visit to Haneda Airport.

I arrived in Malaysia on November 21st. I almost cried when the flight attendant announced, “To Malaysians, welcome home.” It really hit the softest spot in my heart. Luqman picked me up at the airport, and we went to TBS to pick up my sister. That was her first time meeting Luqman. Well, not really. They had already met, but I wasn’t there. We went to Luqman’s home and dropped our luggage there. We had lunch at Kenny Hills. The smoked duck pasta was to die for! That was our first date in Malaysia!

I at last got to view my Nikah outfit the following day. I basically had a virtual meeting with the designer and created the design myself. I also added French lace to the basic baju kurung. The fitting went well, but they still need to make some repairs because it was larger than I had anticipated. It was fixed in a single day. Aida deserves praise for making things easier for me. I was able to pick up my dress before I left for Besut after she fixed it in a single day.

Also, one of the most dreaded things was getting my visa stamped. I had an early morning interview. I arrived a little bit later than I planned because of the traffic in KL. The interview went well, but I forgot to bring my passport photo. Thank God I don’t have to set up another interview session. They told me to drop off my passport photo at Aramark HQ. I got my passport five days later.

I went home after 3 days in KL. I finally got to see and decorate my new room! I’m so glad to be home, and I didn’t have to be an adult for weeks. Like, I could wake up in the morning and the breakfast is ready, I don’t have to decide what I want to have for dinner etc. Overall, it was something I missed the most.

No comments

Post a Comment