My Last Eid In The US

Thursday, April 27, 2023


Relaxing dekat backyard Kak Iem sambil gossip. JK

Eid fell on Friday (April 21st) this year in the States, which meant that we celebrated Eid a day earlier than in Malaysia. Thank God I decided to use some of my PTO for EID. Eid this year was a bit different as it would be my last Eid abroad, so I wanted to create as many moments as possible. This was also my first Eid as a wife, although I didn’t get to celebrate with Luqman. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed my Eid this year. I went to Rochester to celebrate with my Rochacha family there.

Kak Iem and I had been planning for Eid a month earlier, and we decided to make Lemang from scratch. That was the highlight of my Eid this year. I had never made lemang before, let alone in the US. We bought bamboo from Etsy, and the price was a bit high. A shoutout to Kak Iem’s husband for helping us look after the lemang while we were busy cooking rendang and daging dendeng!

On the first day of Eid, we ate together at noon and then headed over to another open house. It was a good time to see familiar faces. Aunty Sally had an open house on the second day of Raya, and Kak Iem and I decided to host another open house on the third day of Eid. I was swamped with cooking, eating, and a photoshoot in between. One thing I love about celebrating Eid abroad is that you don’t get unnecessary questions about work, kids, etc. It’s more about enjoying each other’s company and good food. I am going to miss celebrating Eid abroad.


Hasil titik peluh 4 jam tunggu. Lemang besar gajah

Our lemang nampak hangus tapi dekat dalam just nice 

Happy face sebab boleh makan lemang this year

With my Rochacha Fam :D

No comments

Post a Comment