"23" for 2023

Sunday, January 29, 2023



Perhaps it is too late to write this down because January will soon be over. Last year was fantastic, but I did not maximize my potential, particularly in terms of personal development. So there you have it. I’ve been spending some time actually making lists that are doable while also pushing me to be the best version of myself.


1. Read more – I’m not a bookworm, I do read but not the actual book. Maybe because my reading materials are more factual, and I had a hard time to digest. I would like to change my taste in books and we will see how it goes. So, this year, my goal is to read 7 books. Yes, lucky number seven. 

2. Track my habit: Did you know that it takes 21 days to actually make habits stick? I’ve been working on my habit tracker on a Google Sheet (which I did myself), and so far I am nowhere near close to actually reaching my habit goals. I believe having a to do everyday would be a good combination to my habit tracker. My goal is to stick to that particular habit for at least 25 days in a month.

3. Learn Mandarin. I love learning new languages and I have a list of languages I would love to learn. But, I always learn  basic phrases and stop. I used to take Mandarin class back in college and I stopped once I reached intermediate level.  I was having a hard time juggling lab work , research, and language class. I still remember some but this time I really want to focus and learn new vocab. 

4. Start a recipe blog. I still have my recipe blog, which I created in 2018. Somehow, things happened, and I lost interest in cooking. I want to get my passion back and continue to share, or at least have a record of what I’ve cooked. I want to post at least 23 recipes this year.

5. Solo vacations as a birthday gift to myself. I have a rough plan to go to the West Coast and DC this year. 

6. Exercise more. Ideally, I need to walk at least 30 minutes a day. On top of that, spend 15 minutes stretching in the morning and afternoon. 

7. Travel with Luqman: We didn’t have the opportunity to go on a honeymoon after our wedding; this is something I’ve been discussing with Luqman since we got married. I do not have the exact plan, but we will figure this out once we have enough budget to do so. Maybe somewhere in October or November.

8. A getaway with my parents—I would love to bring my parents somewhere. Maybe to Penang like we used to go when I was a kid. I want to relive those moments and just be a kid for a couple days. or maybe somewhere further.

9. Write a letter to my future self. I have always had this plan in my mind since 2 years ago. I think this year would be a great time to start.

10. Volunteering. I’ve been searching for a good place to volunteer. I do not have the opportunity to do so yet because I do not have the resources to start.

11. Track my monthly expenses. I need to be better with my money management so I can reach my savings goal this year.

12. Host a party at our house; I miss having a board game night. Both Luqman and I love board games so much. A board game night party has been on my mind a lot for the past few weeks.

13. Learn how to swim—yeap, I can’t really swim. I love water sports a lot, but now I have a limitation on how far I can go since I can’t swim—just yet.

14. Learn to edit video. A part of me loves doing this kind of thing, but I am not an expert. I would like to know more about editing videos to make them more pleasing.

15. Learn baking! I want to make focaccia bread from scratch!

16. Go on a hike! Maybe I can drag Luqman with me.

17. Get my supplements! I have a vitamin D deficiency. I have to remind myself to take it every day.

18. Buy a KitchenAid mixer—I’ve been eyeing this for years now.

19. Visit a National Park in the US – Grand Canyon specifically!

20. Get a facial aka spa day. It’s time to focus more on my skincare.

21. Finish courses in Coursera and Udemy – I have multiple courses I enrolled but have not yet finished. My goal is to finish them by March, after which I can add new stuff to learn.

22. Learn Tajweed so I can recite Quran better.  

23. Save at least $__k by the end of the year.

It does sound like a lot. However, I really want to make sure I achieved at least 90% from the list.


Toodles!

No comments

Post a Comment