Sambal Kering Kupang dan Tempe

Sunday, November 3, 2019



Ola! Agak bersarang juga dah blog ni sebab lama dah tak berasap dapurku. Busy betul hidupku ye rupanya. Ahaha! Beriya! Last weekend I went back to Rochester to visit my friends and we had another get together with Malaysians there and I made Nasi Kerabu for them. That was my third time making Nasi Kerabu this year and probably the last one (?) I would say YES for this year but c'mon, Nasi Kerabu is the best dish after all. You can't say NO to that. I had so much fun going back to Rochester cause it holds thousands memories that still vivid in my mind. Rochester always feel like home. How I wish it is just an hour away. I've been there twice this year but never had a chance to visit my alma mater. A lot of things had changed since then.

Anyway, let's get back to the recipe, shall we? I went to Hannaford last week and just found out they sell tempe!!!!! Guess who's excited and almost screaming out loud cause where else can you get  tempe in the US?? Back in Rochester I always buy tempe from Wegmans but they don't have Wegmans here in Albany. Oh well, now I know where to find it. I don't even have Javanese blood flow in me but I am a really big fan of tempe. My mum used to make sambal tempe with fried tofu, tempe and fried anchovy. Whenever she fried the tempe, I wolfed down half of the fried tempe even before she started making the sambal. Oh, memories. But, I don't have anchovy here so I improvised by replacing the anchovies with kupang. So, here's all you neeeeedddd!! Let's get started.

Bahan-bahan



  • 1/2 bawang holland *kisar
  • 1/2 bawang merah *kisar
  • 2 ulas bawang putih *kisar
  • 4 sudu besar cili kering kisar
  • Gula secukup rasa
  • Garam secukup rasa
  • 1 paket tempe
  • 1 mangkuk pre-boiled kupang
  • Minyak
Cara-cara
  1. Potong tempe mengikut saiz yang disukai. Lumurkan kunyit dan garam sekucup rasa. Goreng tempe sehingga rangup. 

2.Panaskan minyak, tumiskan bawang yang dikisar dan cili kering sehingga wangi dan pecah minyak. 

3. Kemudian, masukkan kupang dan kacau sehingga sambal sedikit kering. 
4. Masukkan garam dan gula secukup rasa. 



5. Masukkan tempe dan gaul bersama sambal sehingga sebati. 

Annndddd, donezooo! Makan dengan nasi putih panas, boleh tambah berkali kali. Sambal ni takdela renyah sangat nak buat but, I always make in a big batch cause I can keep it the freezer and just reheat it when I want to eat. Easy peasy!


No comments

Post a Comment